Spencer Kellog & Sons SKX tank cars.

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

I am working on a SC&F cast resin Standard Car Co. 6 course tank car to be lettered for the Spencer Kellogg & Sons vegetable oil refiners in Buffalo. Can anyone tell me about this company? My relevant ORERS, 1926, 1943, 1952, 1958 apparently do not list this company, nor its SKX reporting marks. I thus presume that this company must have existed during the 1930s- or .....?.

The only dates that I can read on the ultra fine decals enclosed in the kit are a build date of 1920, and some repack/reweigh dates in the 1950s. I cannot read the dates on the tank car photo.

Does anyone know whether or not Spencer Kellogg had any other tank cars besides #231?

Thank you

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento