Re: Gondola question

roblmclear <rob.mclear2@...>

Thanks Richard

I model 1947-1949 so I will go with the white on one car and yellow on the other to match the Intermountain car that I already have. As for the decals I wasn't expecting to find any. I will just have to make them up from other sets. I can stick with the composite sides as I don't thing they were "steeled" until early '51.

Thanks again Richard and to all on the list Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Rob.

Rob, the lettering was white when the cars were new. UP lettering
did not change to yellow until mid-1947, and many cars survived with
white lettering for a long time after that. Champ made decal sets in
HO specifically for this car in both white and yellow, but I don't
know what (if anything) is available in N scale.

Richard Hendrickson