From: roblmclear <rob.mclear2@bigpond.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Gondola question
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 4:39 PM
Hi to the group

And to all of you the very best for Christmas and the New
Year.   I have a small question I have an N
scale kit of a GS Composite side gondola from Dimi Trains,
it started life as a Sugar Beet gondola with the high sides
but after some surgery and modifications gives me a
reasonable facsimilie of the Union Pacific G-50-11.  I
know that it is not 100% correct but it is pretty
close.   I have the Union Pacific freight car
book by Terry Metcalfe which give a good picture on page 150
of the car and the lettering.   Question is
does anyone know of a decal sheet available in N scale for
these cars if not what colour should the lettering be it is
hard to make out in the book if it is white or yellow, or
indeed a mixture of both?   I can probably
make up enough lettering to make the car look OK from other
sheets but I would need to know wether the lettering was
white or yellow can anyone assist?
TIA

Rob McLear
Brisbane Australia.