Re: Brake fluid warning (NOT!)

cinderandeight@...

Tim,
I agree, brake fluid isn't particularly volatile, but it can boil.
Driving down a steep mountain and braking too hard can fill one's brakes
lines with vaporized brake fluid and lead to brake failure.
Brake fluid is also flamable. Probably not real easy to ignite in
normal circumstances, but once while working on a GM assembly line I hooked up
a car battery, only to find the positive cable was laying loose on the
brake lines. It cut through them as easy as soft butter and the fluid hit the
white hot sparks and all but blew up in my face. We had to shut the line
down and evacuate the area because of the cloud of smoke it put out. So
take care is you use it near flames (like one of those little butane torches).
Rich Burg