Re: Precision Scale Angle Cock Bracket

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
Many years ago, I was looking desperately for some PSC GP handrail brackets. I ordered them from Walthers and kept getting an answer "Out of stock at the manufacturer." This went on for months. Finally, I realized that PSC was essentially up the road a ways - I lived in San Francisco then, and at that time PSC was located in Woodland CA, just up Interstate 80 a few miles. So, I called information and got their phone number, called them up and asked when they would be making more of the particular part I wanted. I was greeted with laughter, not mean laughter, but laughter nonetheless. When he regained his composure, he asked "How many pounds of them would you like?"
That little story is to suggest that you should call PSC directly. I suspect you could get several pounds of the "Brass Angle Cock Brackets" if you do so.
Exactly. Walthers is like a lot of hobby shops. When they say "out of stock," it may easily just mean "not convenient for us to order right now," as Signature Press has learned also with MANY hobby shops regarding our books.
I recently arranged a bulk order of PSC parts with little trouble and a nice discount. DO call them.

Publishers of books on railroad history