Re: ATSF raised--roof BX-12

railwayman <stevelucas3@...>

Richard--

Thanks! I'll get a pair of the TMW 202's for this car, and number/detail it as a Bx-11. I'll have to read the Westerfield instructions a bit more closely.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:

On Jan 3, 2010, at 3:09 PM, railwayman wrote:

Are the TMW 201 "50 ton Dalman 2-level trucks" suitable for this
car as modelled by the Westerfield kit?
Steve, the Santa Fe Dalman trucks had Barber Lateral Motion devices,
so what you need are the TMW #202 trucks. Actually, the Bx-11s had
Dalman 2-level trucks, for which the TMW HO scale trucks are dead
on. The Bx-12s, built a year later, had Dalman 1-level trucks, which
were made only briefly ca. 1930-'32, and have never been modeled in
HO. However, the TMW #202s are quite close - as close as you're
going to get.

Richard Hendrickson