Branchline reefer rolling resistance

Dean Payne

I just tested, my Branchline GB&W and NKP reefers roll no better than fair down an incline, but my MILW reefer rolls fantastically! Same manufacturer… same model, same trucks... but the MILW has shiny metal wheels (due to be fixed in my final round with the wheel painting jig). The wheels appear to be the same (based on the profile of their backs). The slow ones actually stop on the incline, before the curve, while the MILW rolls through the curve and up the incline on the other side, then back...
The MILW reefer was bought first, has plastic pins instead of metal screws to hold the trucks on (paradoxically, I think they mount more securely in this instance, but that wouldn't explain the rolling disparity of the wheels.)
Why would this be? Does the blackening of the wheels actually slow them down that much? Or, did something happen in the manufacturing process? All my other metal wheels roll better, and even some plastic ones do!

Dean Payne