From: Ned Carey <nedspam@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wed, January 20, 2010 12:07:47 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Painting black - was Painting X-3 deck

Bruce Smith Wrote:
paint the whole car a lightened black (steam power black, cockpit
interior black, etc) and then to weather it with tarnished black.

Bruce and others,

Bruce turned me on to tarnished black years ago. But I am thinking it is just a shade darker than I would like. Is there a pre-mixed "black" that is a little lighter? I am open to any of the acrylics; Poly Scale, Testors Model Master etc.

I am not familiar with cockpit interior black or Rubber which Greg Martin uses. Are these darker or lighter than tarnished black (or grimy black which is very close)?

Thank you,

Ned Carey