Re: Branchline reefer rolling resistance

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Although lubing does not generally hinder rollability, my experience and recordable data is that lubing axle ends with "whatever" lubricant is rarely of any measurable benefit in improving rollability, excepting the occasional situation where there is adverse metal/metal contact.

Lubing also eliminates the occasional mysterious "squeaky" wheels.

As a result of this, I stopped oiling or lubing axle ends some years ago- except in specific situations- and I do not miss it.

Denny

Denny
Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento