Mechanical Refrigerator Car Commodities

Gary Roe

There is an article in the 08Feb1960 issue of Railway Age concerning
Mechanical Refrigerator Cars, and how they are managing to increase traffic.
While the article is beyond the cutoff for this list, it does state that
there were approximately 1200 RP cars in service in 1955. That number grew
to a little over 5100 by the end of 1959.

One part of the article I thought might be of interest to modelers, was the
list of commodities carried. This could help with filling out waybills for
operating sessions.

I don't know about you; but this was both enlightening and amusing to me.

NON-FROZEN
Apples
Apricots
Blood Plasma