Re: Barber S-2A truck

brianehni <behni@...>

And if you look at this photo, you can see the wheelstops still attached to the rail under the Soo box in the middle of the street.

http://www.westernrailimages.com/Mopac/Mopac-Missouri-Pacific-Railway/7189869_rVm4j#628107397_zNNCR

Brian Ehni

--- In STMFC@..., "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@...> wrote:

The captions on other photos in the sequence say it was a runaway. The CNW boxcar ahead of the SOO car is back on the rails but shows evidence of an extended off-rail journey:

http://www.westernrailimages.com/Mopac/Mopac-Missouri-Pacific-Railway/7189869_rVm4j#628113383_wUjhH

Note the holder for the warning flag in this photo:

http://www.westernrailimages.com/Mopac/Mopac-Missouri-Pacific-Railway/7189869_rVm4j#628119359_33GbN

Tom Madden

--- In STMFC@..., "rockroll50401" <cepropst@> wrote:

That happens in our op sessions all the time. Good thing we're using models with the trucks screwed on. Now if the end of that car said 2-56 pan head.....
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@> wrote:

From SOO 137096 -- which got pushed out of a spur onto a street...
Note the stencil on the end of the car identifies the truck!

http://www.westernrailimages.com/Mopac/Mopac-Missouri-Pacific-Railway/7189869_rVm4j#628115150_7TBQy