From: gary laakso
To: STMFC@... ; STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 7:13 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Haskell & Barker 1913 Gondola--- Possible Great Northern "Sand Car"?

Haskell & Barker was one of Great Northern's preferred car builders and in 1913 it took delivery of 600 hard convertible cars that were 41 feet 6 inches with a 100,000 pound capacity per the Annual Report of that year. I wonder how close the F&C Rutland car is to the GN car. I have not seen pictures of the GN car to make a valid comparison. These cars appear to have been classified as "sand" car in MofW service.

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock
vasa0vasa@...