From: behillman
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:46 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Painting Resin Freight Car Kits

I'm building my first resin STMFC freight car kit, a Funaro & Camerlengo. (I've built & painted resin building kits in the past)

F&C says the car is made from, "Polycarbonate Resin".

F&C says to, "wash with a cleaning agent for urethanes, or household cleaner, IE) 'Shout' "

My question is, for a really fine paint-job with RR water-based paints, what are the groups basic recommendations.

Is a primer recommended.

Thanks, Paul Hillman