From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:13 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Intermountain / Red Caboose 42' Fish Belly Flat Car

Intermountain has announced a run of the Red Caboose 42' Fish Belly Flat Car
lettered for ATSF, D&RGW, Northern Pacific, Nickel Plate Road, Union Pacific
& Chicago North Western due in September or October 2010.

I have equipment diagrams for the C&NW and NP but none of the others. It
appears to me that the RC 42' flat is at least a good stand-in for for 4
series of C&NW flats.

40001-41019 - built 1922
41021-41419 - built 1923
41501-42499 - built 1925
42501-42699 - built 1927

The Northern Pacific does not appear to have had any flat cars similar to
the RC 42' flat car.

Can anyone comment on whether or not the ATSF, D&RGW, NKP & UP had cars
similar to the RC 42' flat cars? Good stand-in is close enough for my
purposes.

Gene Green