Re: Caboose Trucks

Richard Hendrickson

On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Steve Sandifer wrote:

I prefer to use plastic trucks with stainless steel wipers
purchased from Richmond Controls. They roll better and are easier
to electrically isolate. I currently have them on Walthers and
Intermountain caboose trucks.
The same approach would work equally well, of course, on Tahoe Model
Works caboose trucks, both the early Bettendorf swing motion and
later Barber-Bettendorf styles, which are IMHO the best HO scale
caboose trucks on the market. Keep these and other TMW trucks in
mind, as they have redefined the state of the art in HO scale trucks
and, though they're not as widely distributed through hobby shops as
they should be, the better retailers (e.g., Des Plaines) stock them
and they are readily available from list member Andy Carlson.

Richard Hendrickson