Posted by: "michaelashelley" mashelley@...
Date: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 am ((PST))

That is very similar to a circuit I've used to run an Atlas
turntable motor using DCC track power. I was later told that
the full wave bridge rectifier is not really needed - although
I think it's necessary if you ever ran the caboose on regular
DC track.

Somone else might want to test the circuit without the rectifier,
since it's been a long time since I took Electrical Circuits 2.

Michael A. Shelley