Re: Overland tank car

Richard Hendrickson

So was this a model of a ICC-104 type car or something else? I've never
grasped an understanding of the differences in this car classification.
That's because it's difficult to grasp; Chris Barkan and I have
communicated at some length about this and come to the conclusion that the
only difference between insulated ARA-III/ICC-103 tank cars and ARA
IV/ICC-104 tank cars was that the IV/104s were built with insulation. So
you can take your choice; in the steam era there was no essential
difference in specifications, safety valves, etc.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520