Re: Vulcan Trucks

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:

Also, who else makes Vulcan trucks?
Ulrich at one time (many years ago) made some fairly decent cast
metal Vulcan trucks in HO scale, and if you can find a pair on the
second-hand market, their side frames may be closer to what you want.

Richard Hendrickson
Here is what he needs:

http://www.irm.org/gallery/CWI1185/aab

These are U section trucks, as I believe the old Ulrich trucks were, but it's been a couple decades since I've seen a pair. At least the Kadee Vulcans will have the distinctive shape at the ends of the sideframes over the boxes.

IIRC, Canada Hobbycraft offered archbar trucks in their TruLine Trains line that had very nice Simplex bolsters. It may be possible that their bolster will fit other sideframes. One can always hope.

Dennis