Re: Tichy freight cars

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Byron Rose wrote

The postscript to this is that every once in a while I wander into a
little hobby shop tucked away in the corner of some small town and
there's half dozen Gould kits just sitting in the shelf gathering dust.
Well, maybe one shop, but it was within the last 2-3 years.
Well, I just want it known for the record that it was an assembled and
painted Tichy PFE reefer that rekindled my long dormant interest in
fine scale modeling about 11-12 years ago. At that time there was no
Proto2000, Sunshine, Intermountain, or Red Caboose, and Walthers only
offered recycled Train Miniature kits.

Come to think of it, I don't think I bought any Tichy kits from that
hobby shop (the Orange Caboose in Maynard MA, now closed) since he was
asking list price for them...

But IMO the Tichy USRA hopper is a thing of beauty, the reefers are
very nice, and the Brownhoist crane is simply amazing.

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@mediaone.net>
Marlborough, Massachusetts