"T"-Section Trucks

Guy Wilber

thompson@... writes:

<< Also, from 1946 onward, PFE steadily was replacing the T-sections even on
cars
which had been rebuilt earlier with them.>>

As of January 1, 1946 it was prohibited to apply any sideframe of "T" or "L"
cross section that had been repaired (by welding). This rule did not require
removal of any side frame that had been repaired prior to January 1, 1946.

The first date of banning the "T" and "L"section trucks (outright) was also
approved at that time, the original date was set at; January 1, 1949.

An extension to; August 1, 1949 was approved in October of 1948.

An extension to; January 1, 1951 was approved and became effective as of
August 1, 1949.

An extension to; January 1, 1952 was approved and became effective as of
August 1, 1950. Trucks with the "I" cross section were added to the list at
this time as well.

An extension to; January 1, 1953 was approved and became effective as of
August 1, 1951.

An extension to; January 1, 1954 was approved and became effective as of
August 1, 1952.

And, finally, an extension to January 1, 1955 was approved in 1953 with the
note added to the rules that; No further extension will be granted.

The 1955 date is the last date I have data for...can anyone confirm that this
was (indeed) the final date, or was there a further extension(s)?

Regards,

Guy Wilber
Sparks, Nevada