Re: Freight Conductors' Train Book available online

Gary Roe

--- In STMFC@..., "laramielarry" <larryostresh@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone

Images of all the pages from a 1951 U.P. Freight Conductors' Train Book and an Excel file of its contents are available online at the Laramie Railroad Depot Association's website: www.laramiedepot.org Hover on "About" and choose "Train Books" to get to the appropriate viewing/downloading page. Here is a direct link:
http://www.laramiedepot.org/About/TrainBooks/tabid/75/Default.aspx

I started looking at these records this AM and already have a question. The very first train has 2 car loads of "styron". A check of the internet tells me he is "a writer born in 1925"; but for some reason, I doubt that's what's in these cars. A check of the rest of the records in the Excel file brought up no more loads of this type. Could someone tell me what "styron" is?

gary roe
quincy, illinois