From: Jim Betz<mailto:jimbetz@jimbetz.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:10 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Weathering Chalk

Hi,

I use a "wet chalk slurry" now. Almost always. I take some
chalk and scrape it to a powder into a small plastic container
(I prefer to use a model RR wheelset package cover). Then I
add water and a few drops of white glue (I use Krystal Klear
for this) and the smallest amount of kitchen detergent I can
put on the end of a toothpick (as a wetting agent). I mix
different colors of chalk (mostly "earth tones") until I get
the 'shade' I want (today). The white glue acts as a binder -
I use/prefer KK simply because it mixes in with the water so
much easier.

Jim Betz