Re: Cleaning Stock Cars

James McDonald

Hi Kenny,

I can add that I've seen photos of US Army horses being unloaded from rows of RF&P and PRR stock cars on the RF&P at one of the Virginia military bases.

Best regards,

James McDonald
Greenbelt, MD

kenneth broomfield wrote:
Not cleaning of stock cars but were they ever used for horse transportation. I know the Pennsy had horse cars but they were used more for race horses.
Yes. I have a couple of photos of SP stock cars unloading horses (U.S. Army cavalry at Fort Bliss). They were included in the stock car portion of my Vol. 1 on SP freight cars.

Publishers of books on railroad history