Re: 60-foot flat cars

Richard Hendrickson

On Apr 1, 2010, at 8:45 PM, richtownsend@... wrote:

I'm looking to model a 60-foot flat car with fishbelly sides. Can
anyone tell whether any of the following 60-footers from the Jan 59
ORER have such sides, and if there might be photos of any of them
on line somewhere:

IC 62600-62609
WAB 400-447
ATSF 90900-91191
CB&Q 94000-94099 (I doubt these were fishbelly)
CMStP&P 49000-49049
CRI&P 93000-93048
SLSW 85500-85549
SP 79825-79954
SP 580000-580121
Rich, the Santa Fe 90900-91191 series were Ft-T and Ft-U class cars
with fishbelly side and center sills and 70 tons nominal capacity
built by General American in 1940-1941. The two classes were
identical except for trucks, which were ASF self-aligning spring-
plankless on the Ft-Ts and National B-1 on the Ft-Us. I'll send you
a couple of photos off-list.

Richard Hendrickson