Re: 60-foot flat cars

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Richard Townsendt wrote:
I'm looking to model a 60-foot flat car with fishbelly sides. Can anyone tell whether any of the following 60-footers from the Jan 59 ORER have such sides, and if there might be photos of any of them on line somewhere:

SP 79825-79954
SP 580000-580121
Rich, the SP cars (Class F-70-3, built in 1942) did indeed have fishbelly sides. I used photos of these cars in my Vol. 3 on SP freight cars, and can send you scans off-list if you want. The second group you list is the same F-70-3 cars, with the numbers they received in the 1956 (and thereafter) system renumbering.

Publishers of books on railroad history