Re: Train Schedules and the USRA

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Jim Dick wrote:
I cannot comment on Tony's assertion regarding the PRR, either one way or the other, as there is nothing to confirm or deny that statement. I did find comments on handing express fruit shipments to the Erie.
Remember, this is not an assertion by ME, it is a report of what I was told by PFE retirees. The transcript of my interviews has been deposited a couple of places, including CSRM, if anyone would like to read it for themselves. I should also repeat what I've said earlier, that the PFE people did not think much of the NYC or B&O for perishable dependability, either, only that PRR ranked even lower. To them, the Erie really stood out. I have heard the same from Santa Fe sources regarding SFRD shipments.

Publishers of books on railroad history