Re: Tichy freight cars

byronrose@...

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:04:30 -0500 "Tim O'Connor"
<timoconnor@mediaone.net> writes:

But IMO the Tichy USRA hopper is a thing of beauty, the reefers are
very nice, and the Brownhoist crane is simply amazing.
While I agree with you on the crane, I can't get past the two widened
center panels of the hopper car, and that one's on Don, not Bill.

The crane is a absolute thing of beauty. I'd give anything for a similar
kit of a 200-250 ton late steam crane with that same level of detail.
Asking for working outriggers would be too much to ask for, but it sure
would be the icing on the cake wouldn't it. The error that Bill Gould
committed with the crane was purely financial; while it was reasonable
to expect some modelers to buy 2 or 3 or 5 revenue cars, how many would
buy more than one crane? Especially one with thousand of teeny-tiny
parts? Hmm, I guess that 250 ton crane would need millions of parts
then, wouldn't it?

BSR
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.