Re: Train Schedules and the USRA

np328

In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:> On Apr 2, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

If offense was taken to the use of the word "assertion", I'll stand back, however, were these tesimonials applicable to the USRA time frame? I honestly do not know and that is why I am asking.

I think it would help clarify that with the car shortages (during the USRA time frame) this thread seemed to start with, the AAR was putting out car orders that did not apply to the private car companies, like PFE, WFE, MDT. These companies or more over, the railroads behind these private car companies could then thumb their noses at the AAR directives. This worked (in cases I have studied regarding the NP) with the UP being able to flood the Yakima area with PFE cars while the NP's own reefers were being diverted to handle crop crisis in California.
Jim Dick