From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sun, Apr 4, 2010 3:30 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] (perishables) interchange

Bruce Smith wrote:
Do NOT mistake the comments about shipper preference and handling
issues with perishables for data on the AMOUNT of perishables
traffic. This couldn't be farther from the truth! Based on the
1950 ICC freight commodity reports on loads handled, the PRR was
the #3 handler of perishables IN THE COUNTRY, behind SP and UP.
Well, PRR handled more of most everything . . . Bruce, do you
know how the PRR percentage of total perishable loads would stack up
in comparison to their percentage of other load types?

Publishers of books on railroad history