Re: Express Refrigerator Cars 1929

Roger Hinman <rhinman@...>

I just did a quick comparison of the two lists and the only differences are cars for D&RG, MDT, one lot of SLSF and the WP. I was a bit astounded to see 50 MDT cars under control of the REA, but the car numbers listed are bogus for 1929 . I would tend to trust the more official looking REA list. Any more of these lists coming from later in the 30s and 40s. Be interesting to see which road names fall off or added and whether it correlates with other data sources.

Roger Hinman.

On Apr 5, 2010, at 10:03 AM, railsnw1 wrote:

I created a new folder titled Express Refrigerator Cars 1929 which has two pages showing express refrigerator cars under the control of the Railway Express Agency on March 1, 1929. Interesting that both lists are dated 3-1-29 but the one shows additional cars. From the Yakima Valley Transportation Co. records at the Yakima Valley Museum.

Richard Wilkens