Re: Express Refrigerator Cars 1929

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Roger Hinman wrote:
I just did a quick comparison of the two lists and the only differences are cars for D&RG, MDT, one lot of SLSF and the WP. I was a bit astounded to see 50 MDT cars under control of the REA, but the car numbers listed are bogus for 1929 . I would tend to trust the more official looking REA list. Any more of these lists coming from later in the 30s and 40s. Be interesting to see which road names fall off or added and whether it correlates with other data sources.
The car numbers shown for WP are also bogus in 1929, and in fact the ORER for that year shows NO express reefers in either freight or passenger entries. Makes me wonder about the entire typescript list which is posted.

Publishers of books on railroad history