From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: dssa boxcar
To: STMFC@...
Date: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 8:34 PM

Gene and Mark

No, the Mather kit includes a vertically mounted brake wheel

of a completely different size and style.

The only HO scale Klasing brake wheel of the type used on these

DSS&A box cars was produced by AWE (Anthony Wentzel Enterprises)

for his imported brass "PS-0" early Pullman Standard welded box

cars.

Probably the closest brake wheel in general appearance would be

a Universal brake wheel (with a central "hub" and slanted spokes

radiating to an outer rim). Kadee makes this style.

Tim O'Connor

At 4/4/2010 12:48 PM Sunday, you wrote:

Red Caboose makes a plastic Klasing hand brake for the Mather reefer. This may be the one you need. I understand, unfortunately, that Red Caboose will no longer supply parts.
Gene Green
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, "Mark M" <bnonut@...> wrote:
I plan to take an Athearn boxcar and convert it to DSS&A 17000-17099. They used a Klasing brake, any suggestions? Moloco sells two but they look newer.
What trucks would best suit this.
Once again thank to all who are kind to answer questions that I have posted.
Sincerely, Mark Morgan