Re: Perishable Schedules

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Greg Martin wrote:
The charts that appeared in TKM corresponding to perishable fruit and vegetables clear showed that the PRR handled more carloads of perishables than any other eastern carrier... the keyword is ~carloads handled ~ That accounted for loads generated online, at interchange, as a bridge and as a delivering carrier and as consolidated and then for furtherance and was the case for all the railroads in the study.
Given the size of PRR and the size of its car fleet, I'd guess that PRR handled more carloads of practically everything than anyone else, maybe excepting coal.
I'd still like a mention of which TKM this appeared in.

Publishers of books on railroad history