REA Wood-Sheathed Express Reefer Question

golden1014

Gentlemen,

I'm finishing a few models of General American REA wood-sheathed express refrigerators (the recent Walthers models). I want to improve the level of brake gear detail provided with the model, but cannot find any good views or plans of the underframe. I looked through RPC #7 but there are no clear photos. Incidentally, one of the cars I'm modeling is the 1227 featured on pg. 17.

If anyone has any tips or photos or references, I'd appreciate hearing about it. This is a relateively new subject for me and I'm learning a lot. Thanks in advance for the help!

John Golden
Bloomington, IN