Re: Kato ACF Covered Hoppers

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Jerry Dziedzic2 wrote:
And's long's I'm at it, we cement heads have usually referred to the 1790 cu ft design as "drop-frame" or "bent-frame". I propose that we adhere to convention and call them fishbelly cars. Can't explain why I never thought of this before. Objections?
Here's an objection. The "drop" in the frame contour is slight, and to me that's no fishbelly. There are underframes you can find in Cycs that likewise show a "drop" in the center sill of a few inches, and again, I would not regard that as a fishbelly underframe. The existing term "drop frame" seems clear and well known, Jerry, so why change?

Publishers of books on railroad history