Re: Freight car Distribution

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Armand Premo wrote:
I think it is past time that we revisit the Gilbert-Nelson theory.I trust that it is not heresy to challenge their theory.Based on primary sources , using a larger sample and not restricting the study to just box cars the results could be much different.
Of course it's not heresy, and I know Armand has had trouble accepting the G-N idea for some years. Larger sample, primary sources--
great, please provide those sources. It would indeed be great to have similar analyses for other car types like hoppers and gondolas, but Tim and Dave haven't gone there. Anyone?

Publishers of books on railroad history