Re: Freight car slides

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

Thank you, Tony.
Gene Green

Gene Green wrote:
Does anyone have experience converting slides to digital?
Would anyone care to recommend some particular scanner?
Has anyone had experience with Wolverine F2D200 35mm Film Scanner?
Yes, lots; recommendation below; never heard of it.
I have a Nikon Coolscan dedicated slide scanner and have been
most happy with results, many for use in publications. A word of
caution: for some models, Nikon sells an auto feeder for loose slides,
which works roughly as well as the same device for slide projectors,
meaning that many times it works. Other times, not quite. I chose not
to buy one, and have been fine with it.

Publishers of books on railroad history