Re: ACL K-7... easier question

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

Ted,
I have a photo with the 90606 in it, is this the car you're looking for?
Unfortunately the photo is blurry (maybe if you drink enough it would come
into focus?) I used the Ertl car, painted in black, and lettered it with
alphabets.
Clark

ted_culotta@yahoo.com wrote:

Since it appears that there are no 1940's era photos of these in
anybody's possession, here is an easier question. Does anyone know
whether these cars were black, box car red, or both and if both, at
what timeframe was the change made? To refresh the memory, these are
the low-side ACL gons modeled by F&C and Ertl (although incorrectly
in the case of Ertl, I seem to remember hearing).

Thanks.

Ted Culotta