Re: M&StL cars

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

Tim,
I've sent them several photos and slides of the PS1's that were taken in
the 70's. I even sent a slide of other type box car that was freshly painted.
They questioned the authenticity of the slide. I did send the stenciling
diagrams for the 50' cars.
I don't see the big deal, they've screwed up the color on the two CGW DF
cars they did. That's why I thought with the information I could furnish the
cars would be a piece of cake.
Clark
Tim O'Connor wrote:

I have one more request. I'm trying to get Kadee to do the M&StL 40'
and 50' PS1's, but they are hung up on what shade of red to use on the
car sides. They want a photo of the cars when they were newish. Can
anyone help me, please.
Clark, I am certain they were the same color red as was used on
M&StL locomotives at that time. There are plenty of color photos
of the engines.

There is a good b/w photo of one of the 2700 series PS-1 boxcars
in Volume 20, #3 of the C&NW Hist Soc magazine. If Kadee needs a
lettering guide, that is...

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@mediaone.net>
Marlborough, Massachusetts