From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Anthony Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:25 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Freight car Distribution...help with ICC report

Aley, Jeff A wrote:
Yes it is a big assumption. I suggest a séance or
use of a oujia board to contact Tim Gilbert and ask him why he made
such an assumption, and what are the implications.
I realize that the alternative to the assumption is to ignore
the data. But certainly among the roads in that ICC grouping are quite
different situations as to bridge vs. originating and terminating
traffic.
That said, I will comment that I was intrigued with the
particular percentage, as it is not far from what I've calculated for
home road cars on the SP, based on photos. (Yeah, yeah, photos are a
skimpy data set, etc.)

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...<mailto:thompson%40signaturepress.com>
Publishers of books on railroad history