Re: G-N versus Consist Data for train construction

al_brown03

I like someone's suggestion of reserving a small proportion of the fleet for rarities, which are rotated. Saves me the need for 974 X29s: I don't mind building a few, but hundreds of the same thing are a pleasure only for our distinguished SPF brethren (and maybe even only some of them!). :-)

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Brock" <brockm@...> wrote:

Allen Rueter writes:

", and national pool rare cars(<1%)."

And Tony Thompson follows with:

"But I take your point, that we DO need rarities so that our
trains will exhibit those rarities."

Yes...my "small number" factor in order to achieve the FEC car. Besides,
when I was a kid I saw KO&G trains...they had 9 box cars. Let's see. If I
conduct an op session once per day, the Cubs will win their second World
Series before I can use it. Meantime...

Allen adds:

"now you know why there is never enough staging space."

Staging hell. Storage space for the 4750 box cars...seems like that many
anyhow.

Mike Brock