Re: M&StL cars

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Clark,

Questioned the authenticity??? Was it airbrushed or something? I
am very surprised Kadee is being so nitpicky about the color too.
Many of their cars seem to be pretty far off the mark, or they
represent the cars with faded or darkened paint, sometime after
they were originally built.

Oh well, the M&StL only had a few 40' PS-1 box cars, and you can
get excellent decals for the red cars from Mark Vaughan. Des
Plaines Hobbies carries them. Got a paint booth?

At 04:17 PM 3/16/01 -0600, you wrote:
Tim,

I've sent them several photos and slides of the PS1's that were taken
in the 70's. I even sent a slide of other type box car that was freshly
painted. They questioned the authenticity of the slide. I did send the
stenciling diagrams for the 50' cars.

I don't see the big deal, they've screwed up the color on the two CGW
DF cars they did. That's why I thought with the information I could
furnish the cars would be a piece of cake.

Clark
Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@mediaone.net>
Marlborough, Massachusetts