Re: "Tar Paper " and "Mule Hyde" Roofs

WILLIAM PARDIE

Victor;

I came across an "O" scale list that recommended Johnson and Johnson
paper tape (for bandages). I bought some but have not as yet tried it.
Also tissue set into fresh paint or oversprayed with paint.

Bill Pardie
On Apr 15, 2010, at 1:19 AM, jerryglow@... wrote:

On some brass cabooses, I stippled on artists acrylics to get a
textured surface. Works well for tarred roofs on buildings too, in
fact, that's how I started using the technique.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "wabash2813" <reporterllc@...> wrote:

Assuming that some wood freight cars and cabooses had roofs not
unlike that on passenger cars, what techniques and materials are you
all using to model that?

Victor Baird
Fort Wayne, Indiana