Re: Freight car Distribution...help with ICC report

Michael Aufderheide

Tim,

The Monon logs do distinguish between XM ('B') and XA, XAP, XAR, XMR ('A') cars, though not all correctly.  I haven't looked into it but I wonder if the car had double doors it was labled an 'A' weather the auxilliary door was active or not.  The cars had a wide variety of loads.  As a sample here are some from fall 1948:

ACL
52011
SALT

ATSF