Re: Freight car Distribution

Greg Martin

Tim writes:

Now all four cars get shoved up to the shipper's dock. The shipper asked for four cars, and has his loads all prepared at their doors. The ORDER of the four cars is random -- the railroad certainly did not sort them according to each load's destination.

I would say that given your example, the chances are better than 75/25 that it would happen correctly. Most warehouses have a good foreman and he does communicate well with the transportation department as likely that is how his boss got his job, from running the dock. There was a time in this country when a company would promote from within. So I would say that the exception ot the rule would be that the cars were not loaded properly.

Greg Martin