From: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:15 AM
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: MD&S' / SAL's Magor Pulpwood Cars

According to Ed's book, the cars were purchased by the SAL but lettered
for MD&S. Unfortunately there is no photo. They were Lot W-3689. Also
listed as SAL purchased, MD&S lettered, are gondolas 4000-4009 built
11-1956, just one month before the pulpwood cars.

Tim O'Connor

At 4/15/2010 09:07 AM Thursday, you wrote:
Hi John,

I don't have an answer and don't recall seeing anything in the CBCs. I would make an educated guess that the MD&S cars were part of a larger SAL order (MD&S did a lot of "tag-along" orders with SAL in previous years).

When trying to find information in cases like these, I go straight to the experts. Ed Kaminski recently authored a book on the Magor Car Co., so you might want to contact him to see if he knows anything. SAL had a good working relationship with Magor.

Our man at Signature Press might be able to provide contact info if you can't find anything.

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "John Degnan" <Scaler164@...> wrote:

I am desperately searching for information or drawings or photos of a series of 25 pulpwood cars built in 1956 by Magor Car for the Macon, Dublin & Savannah Railroad. These cars were numbered 5000-5024 on the MD&S, and ended up on the Seaboard Air Line around 1958 when the SAL absorbed the road with road numbers 42900-42924.

The ONLY photo I have ever found of these cars is of one in SAL lettering... car # 42901, seen at the top of page 96 of Paul Faulk's SAL Color Guide.

Is anyone else familiar with these cars? Got any info? Drawing? General dimensions? Photos? Or anything else pertaining to these cars that I can beg, borrow, purchase?

Thanks.

John Degnan
Scaler164@...