Re: Box/auto distribution 1938

Wendye Ware

Mike

Ok, you're wearing me down :-) I dismiss the 1938 books as irrelevant,
but if you show a consistency from 1949-1956 then I think it's worth
some digging down and trying to find out WHY SP box cars were so much
more common on the UP than random distribution would predict. First I
would seek to know what percent of the SP cars were loaded, and what
percents loaded EB/WB. Answers to those might lead further inquiries
in a useful direction...

Tim O'Connor

But, Tim, all of the 1938, 1949, 1951, and 1956 books show SP box cars on
the UP to be present MUCH more than projected by G-N.

Mike Brock
Tim, why don't you just look at the 1951 book yourself and tell us what you find? Scanned pages and an Excel transcription are online at www.laramiedepot.org

Why are the 1938 books irrelevant?

Larry Ostresh