From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Gatwood, Elden J SAD
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 4:51 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Milling in Transit

Jeff;

I don't know if it was common, but I have seen an awful lot of cars with
powdered flour all over them, like a powdered doughnut almost. I once asked a
guy that worked in a bakery (a BIG one), and he says he worked a summer in
which he shoveled out box cars of flour into a conveyor. I trust the story
was true. I also knew a guy that worked for National Biscuit company
(Nabisco in Pgh), and he said that in the days before the big covered hoppers
came on the scene, they got flour that way.

Can you imagine how contaminated that flour was? Yuck.

Elden Gatwood

From: STMFC@...<mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>
From: STMFC@...<mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>