Eighth NE Proto Meet is June 4-5 in Connecticut

Dave Owens

Greetings all:

The Eighth New England/Northeast Prototype Meet is Friday and
Saturday, June 4-5 (the weekend after Memorial Day) at the Canton
Community Center, 40 Dyer
Ave., Collinsville, Connecticut. This year's event is an NMRA
sponsored event. There will be layout open houses on Sunday.

Also, this year we've teamed up with Craftsman Structure Show, an
incredible event scheduled for Nov. 10-13 in Mansfield, Mass. People
planning to attend the NE Proto Meet who preregister for the Craftsman
Structure Show by May 15 will be able to attend the CSS Spring Tour,
June 2-3,which features some of New England's finest model railroads.
Details are available on our website and on the CSS website,
www.css2010.com.

At the NE Proto Meet, we are again benefiting from a group of
remarkably generous
clinicians who will share their skills and knowledge. We'll have a
tentative clinic list posted on our website in a day or so. A schedule
will follow. The web site is www.neprototypemeet.com. A registration
form is already posted there.

As with all protomeets, the model display is a key element. We urge
all attendees to bring models to share. There is no judging so please
don't be concerned you and your work will be held to some arbitrary
standard. Locomotives, rolling stock, structures, vehicles, etc., are
welcome.

We also have a terrific group of vendors and manufacturers who plan to
attend the meet, including Bob's Photo, Atlas Model Railroad Co.,
Branchline Trains, Rapido Trains, Sheepscot Scale Models, Funaro &
Camerlengo, Speedwitch Media, the Hobby Gallery, Shortline Products,
Rocket Express, Stella Scale Models, Time Machine Hobbies, and several
others.

The meet pre-registration fee is $25, the same it's been the past
several years. Registration at the door is $30.

We hope you can join us. Questions? Contact me at
neprotomeet@..., or at 860-233-0303..

Thanks,

Dave Owens and the NE Proto Meet Team

--
2010 New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet
June 4-5, 2010 (Always the weekend after Memorial Day)