Re: Rock Island Modified 1937 AAR Boxcars

Steve and Barb Hile

Intermountain did a batch of these cars for the Mid-Continent Region NMRA a
few years ago with 4 road numbers. The ones listed in the flyer do not
replicate at least the one that I have. We provided them with information
and they did a good job matching the lettering. As far as I know, they were
not in any kind of captive service, but rather rolling billboards for
general through freight service.

It is good to see some more in general circulation.

Regards,

Steve Hile

_____